“It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child.”
― Pablo Picasso
Lately I’ve been asked several times on how I was able to get undocked windows in SAI, so I thought I’d share how I did it. It’s super easy!
1. Here you have your default panel layout of Paint tool SAI enabled.
2. Close the program. Go to wherever folder your Paint Tool SAI is installed. Find a file called ‘misc.ini’, and click to open it in any text editor of your choice. Notepad should suffice.
3. Scroll down to locate “Popup panels” underneath Panel settings. Search for “PopupPanels = 0”
4. In order to change the embedded panels to pop-up windows, simply change the “0” to “1”. Then [Ctrl + S] or [File > Save] to save the settings.
5. Re-open SAI, and now you have undocked pop-up windows! YAY.
6. You can move them all around and resize them to your heart’s content. AWESOME.
THAT’S IT ♥
In addition to his penchant for realism, Swiss artist Till Rabus has a keen eye for arranging inanimate objects in provoking ways. The artist combines these two skills in his strange still lifes, where ordinary, discarded objects are found in mysterious compositions that play with symmetry and saturated colors. Rabus eradicates any signs of human presence in his paintings, as if these objects ended up in these orderly arrangements out of their own free will. Yet these are objects left behind from human consumption, inviting a dialogue about the wastefulness of consumer culture. In his latest work, the artist investigates the human figure, creating structures from writhing body parts. Txt Ignant ( NSFW )